Trained by our training Director Jerry Naughton 2 candidates passed their Appointed Person BS7121 Lifting duties for TPA another 2 candidates have passed their Material Handler 360 course for HW Martins. Plenty more courses are being completed as we speak. Good luck to all the remaining candidates this week.
The Appointed Person course is aimed at anyone who is required to plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes. Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate of training along with a photo ID card endorsed with the category ‘Appointed Person’.
- Legislation-LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of Practice-BS7121
- Roles and Responsibilities (Lifting Operations)
- Crane Types, Capabilities and Limitations
- Duty Charts
- Documentation and certification
- Crane Stability/Ground conditions
- Rated capacity and safe working loads
- Lifting Accessories Types and Use
- Slinging Techniques
- Down Rating Accessories
- Sling Angels
- Planning and Lifting Operation
- Writing a Risk Assessment/Method Statement
Follow us on twitter and facebook to keep up to date with recent courses.