The Slinger Signaller course is aimed at inexperienced operators with limited experience and no formal training, who are required to undertake slinging and signalling for the movement of loads using lifting equipment. It is designed to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge so that they may professionally and confidently carry out the role of slinger/signaller.
The Aim of this Slinger Signaller course is to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of rigging and slinging duties, on successful completion all delegates will receive a National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS) Operator Card.
|Course Title||Slinger Signaller|
|Course Duration||Two Days - Novice
One Day - Experienced
|Delegates||Maximum 3 Delegates|
Following successful completion of the Slinger Signaller course candidates will be able to select the correct lifting accessories, attach them to loads safely and guide the load using the appropriate hand signals.
- Legislation-LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of Practice-BS7121
- Roles and Responsibilities (Lifting Operations)
- Documentation and certification
- Lifting Accessories Types and Use
- Slinging Techniques
- Down Rating Accessories
- Sling Angels
- Establish Load Weight and Centre of Gravity
- Signalling for the Lifting, Transferring and Positioning of Loads
- Selecting Lifting Accessories
- Attaching Accessories to Loads
- Proximity Hazards
- Safety Awareness Session.
- Health & Safety Work Act 1974, sections 2,7,8 & 9.
- Current PUWER Regulations.
- The current Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
- Safe Working Loads, Working Load limits and Safety certificates.
- Inspection Lifting Tackle.
- Safe operating practices.
- Methods of Slinging.
- Weight Estimation.
- Pre Lifting Checks.
- Lifting Accessories Checks.
- Lifting and Moving.
- Post Lifting Checks.
- Practical Exercise and Assessment.