Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
|Course Duration||10 Days|
The Dozer course will enable the learner to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have basic understanding of the industry, the danger of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Dozer use,
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Prepare the Dozer for use, operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Attach and set trailed, mounted attachments ready for work
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
- Operator’s responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator’s manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
- A rigorous practical and theory
- Planning and Lifting Operation
- Writing a Risk Assessment/Method Statement