|Course Title||Excavator as Crane|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
This training course is designed for any personnel who are required to use or work with an Excavator as Crane.
The Excavator as Crane course will enable the learner to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have basic understanding of the industry, the danger of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Be able to conform to manufacturer’s requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation.
- Be able to locate, identify and explain Safe Working Loads, Lifting Capacity Chart and explain different lifting configurations and working ranges.
- Identify and explain different lifting procedures, explain what task could fall into each category.
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of load.
- Identify any overhead/proximity hazards
- Be able to agree the signal codes/ hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing, placement zone with Slinger/Signaller
- Ensure excavator is in a safe condition for attachments to be fitted
- Checked load integrity and security by carrying out trial lift
- Be able to lift and move a load to a designated position in a safe and controlled manner, ensuring minimum uncontrolled movement.
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all out-of-service and securing procedures.
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
- Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
- A rigorous practical and theory
These course objectives have been developed on the premise that the suspended loads will be slung by a dedicated, qualified, competent and authorised slinger/signaller. Where on occasion the excavator operator may be required to sling the loads they are to transport they too must be qualified, competent and authorised slinger/signallers.
Call 01457 899322 Email firstname.lastname@example.org