By the end of the Plant Marshaller course delegates will be able to answer questions on and perform the following :
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle marshall.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle/machine to be guided.
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshall duties
- Conduct all necessary safety checks of the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “Blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.