|Course Title||Ride on Roller|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
The Ride on Roller Course is designed to ensure learners understand how to operate a Ride on Roller Safely and correctly as-per Operator manual and Health and Safety Legislation and ACOPs. Be able to identify potential risks in the workplace coupled with an appreciation of basic health and safety legislation.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to answer questions on and perform the following :
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for roller use
- Conduct all necessary safety checks of the work area.
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
- Understand the potential risks of injury and how to minimise them when operating.
- How to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and when to use it.
- Describe other potential risks and hazards associated with the Roller.
- Identify loads and calculate load centres and centre of gravity.
- Correctly use and identify Hydraulic controls.
Classroom based tutorials and practical training & assessments
Delegates attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
Call 01457 899322 Email email@example.com