|Course Title||Lorry Loader|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
This Lorry Loader training course is designed for Plant Operators who require practical and theory training and / or assessment on a Lorry Loader.
The Aim of the Lorry Loader course is to train and assess delegates’ practical skills, theoretical knowledge and to identify and eliminate, any bad habits in the safe operation of a Lorry Loader.
It is envisaged that by the end of this Lorry Loader course the trainee operator will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook and other sources of information, regulations and legislation applicable to the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the vehicle and loader crane and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify all operating controls and explain their functions
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane ready for travel
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine tot he work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting duties.
- Correctly deploy the satabilisers according to stated manufacturer’s specifications
- Comply with all requirements for rated capacity indicators or load moment indicators
- Identify weights and centres of gravity of loads to be used.
- Carry out Lifitng Operations using the full capabilities of the loader crane
- Position loads accurately at designated locations including onto and from the vehicle
- Identify, fit and remove various attachments and lifting accessories as appropriate
- Minimise load swing and ensure load security on the vehicle
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
- Operator’s responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator’s manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods (unless a theory only version of the course has been booked).
- A rigorous practical and theory based assessment.
Classroom based tutorials and practical training & assessments
Delegates attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
Call 01457 899322 Email firstname.lastname@example.org