|Course Duration||10 Days|
The Dozer course will enable the learner to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the danger of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Dozer use,
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Prepare the Dozer for use, operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Attach and set trailed, mounted attachments ready for work
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
- Operator’s responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of the machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of the Operator’s manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
- A rigorous practical and theory
- Planning and Lifting Operation
- Writing a Risk Assessment/Method Statement