|Course Title||Power Tools Safety Awareness|
|Course Duration||One Day|
The Power Tools Safety Awareness training course is designed for any operative or supervisor who is required to use or supervise others during the use of power tools and other similar machines in the workplace.
The Power Tools Safety Awareness course will provide awareness of incidents encountered historically. Reduce incidents with power tools through increased competence of users and supervisors. To formally provide competence to users and supervisors of power tools including assessment Provide awareness of the hazards and risks associated with using the tools for different applications and environments. Provide skills training including practical use of the tools.
- Legal requirements and responsibilities.
- Selection of correct personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Noise Awareness.
- Hand Arm Vibration Awareness.
- Electrical Safety.
- Dust Awareness
- Pre Use Inspections
- Fuel Awareness
- Safe use of power tools
- In-use maintenance and cleaning of power tools
- Correct storage of power tool
- Classroom based tutorials and demonstrations.
- Practical exercise in the inspection, preparation and use of power tools
- This course will include a theory test paper and a practical assessment session
Delegates attending this Power Tools Safety Awareness course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training. The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment.