|Course Title||Loading Shovel|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
This NPORS Loading Shovel training programme is designed for any personnel who are required to use or work with a Loading Shovel.
To train and assess delegates' practical skills and theoretical knowledge to the standards set by NPORS and to identify and eliminate any bad habits in the safe operation of a Loading Shovel.
It is envisaged that by the end of this Loading Shovel Course that the candidate will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic knowledge of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for loading shovel use
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Prepare the Loading Shovel for use, operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
- Specific legislation/guidance on LOLER
- Components of loading shovels
- Stability of the machine
- Familiarisation with instruments and controls
- Stopping and starting the machine
- Operating the machine
- Accident prevention
- Pre-shift checks, Daily checks
- Operating factors – excavate
- Driving on the highway and transportation
- Site safety
- Possible problems, Hazards