Plant Vehicle Marshall Training Course
|Course Title||Plant & Vehicle Marshaller|
|Course Duration||1 Day|
The Plant Vehicle Marshaller Course is designed for that personnel responsible for supervising the movement of plant, vehicles and pedestrians safely on a site.
This Plant Vehicle Marshaller will provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with moving vehicles on a site and how to provide and maintain safe access routes for both pedestrians and vehicles, through the implementation of the correct control measures in order to reduce risks to their health.
By the end of the Plant Marshaller course delegates will be able to answer questions on and perform the following :
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle marshall.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle/machine to be guided.
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshall duties
- Conduct all necessary safety checks of the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “Blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
- Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of the machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of the Operator's manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
- A rigorous practical and theory-based NPORS assessment.