The Forward Tipping Dumper course will provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Forward Tipping Dump Truck.
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
|Course Title||Forward Tipping Dumper|
|Course Duration||3 Days Dependent on Experience|
The Forward Tipping Dumper course will enable the learner to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have basic understanding of the industry, the danger of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Forward Tipping Dumper use
- Prepare the Forward Tipping Dumper for use and operate safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Attach and set trailers, ready for operation
- Environmental Considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and the load.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to position the vehicle for loading from and dumping into excavations etc.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS
Health and Safety Executive (HSE)